Do you know how much your local schools spent / will spend on ESL programs..?

ESL not only supports legal, immigrant families (that get Federal Tax $'s for housing/food) but also illegal immigrant children. Please call your local schools and ask for the amount they spent in 2009 for ESL teachers, assistants, text/audio supplies, free breakfast/lunch programs. Now think about all the print materials for local government to accomodate ESL - like DMV/Court. You want to know why your health insurance is so expensive - car insurance as well..? Because tax payers PAY and illegal immigrants DO NOT! If you want your State to be BANKRUPT like California - keep supporting illegal immigration by dining out & fast food. Call your local jail & ask how many illegal immigrants were arrested in the last 3 years & what is the cost (court appointed LAWYERS & Translators as well as incarceration costs ) ALL PAID for by taxpayers. American citizens need to decide & chose, their children - or lawbreakers' children!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Vero, do you think there are no Americans who would be grateful for the chance to do some of that work? We do need to do something about illegal immigration.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• they don't spend enough....do your research puhlez before you post this stuff! ESL is English as a Second Language. Most of the people I see in those classes are LEGAL immigrants. Unless you don't want the people who 1)mow ur lawn 2)pick ur fruits and vegetable 3)pack ur meat 4)can ur fruits and veggies 5)build ur homes 6)build ur offices 7)clean ur homes 8)care for your children 9)sew ur designer clothes ....honestly "Anon" puuuuuhlez! U'd be doing all this on ur own OR would be complaining that the tomatoes at the market are overpriced!!!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• What is your solution suggestion OP??????
    ESL covers LEGAL immigrants as well!!!! SO....... what do you suggest as a solution?
    BTW we are spending a lot more on housing CHILD MOLESTERS and MURDERERS in our prisons but I guess since they are legal citizens you don't care.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• ***SIGH***
    Please go back and check your facts, and not just quote Fox news. You sound incredibly uneducated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• y do you have to blame the immigrants???? anon is right! it's always the hard working immigrants that are the scapegoats when the economy is bad. Unemployment is down so why don't I see a more diverse group out in the fields???????
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Unemployment is down

Where are you? Not in the US!!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• 29again, I agree. We DO need to do something about illegal immigration. HOWEVER what OP is saying is nonsense. These programs cover our LEGAL immigrants who paid A LOT of money along with months and/or years of paperwork and interviewing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Illegal immigration sucks and our legal immigrants are being punished for it. BTW if you are competing for a job with an illegal immigrant................you should have stayed in school!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• you should have stayed in school!!
    ----
    You do realize that they get free education, right? At any state school? And I did stay in school, but when there are 7 - 10 people applying for every job, it gets rough. And how are legal immigrants being punished?
    ----
    I don't mind the ESL so much, in my area it is mostly Japanese because of the lovely Honda plant not too far away. The one that will hire temps for up to 2 yrs, then you're done. And miss one day, you're done. Anyway, I don't have a problem with the classes, I have no problem with LEGAL immigrants. I do, however, have a problem with ILLEGAL immigrants.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Oh my god here we go again. Lets all blame it on the illegals! Just shut up and get your fact straight! Are you seriously trying to say that the illegals were the ones who made our economy go down???? Just shut up, you are so ignorant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2010