high blood pressure

Im 34 weeks and have had high blood pressure threwout my pregnancy my doctor keeps telling me its not high enough to be put on meds but she had me on bedrest for it. I get to the point where im all swollen and very dizzy because it gets so high. Doctor said if it gets to high he will induce me but thats it. Now i just read high blood pressure sometimes leads to having a stillborn. Please help me im so worried. If you have high blood pressure what happened??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had high blood pressure from about 35 weeks on. I was put on bed rest and told to drink and eat really well.

I was also put on the Brewer's Diet (http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/) to help control my blood pressure. It helped A LOT. I plan to use it during my WHOLE pregnancy next time to prevent it all together.

My doctor also had me come in 2-3 times a week for a blood pressure check, an NST and an ultra sound.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• continued...

Then at 37 weeks my blood pressure became a pretty serious concern and the summer heat was causing me to become dehydrated easily which was making it worse so they preformed cervical ripening with Cervidil.

I started contracting on my own but it stopped so unfortunantly they had to start Pitocin to induce my labor.

9 hours later I gave birth to a healthy baby boy with no health issues. I did have a few complications from the induction but my doctor was able to manage it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• You could be developing Preclampsya..I am not sure of the spelling but i had it. I developed high blood pressure at 25 weeks. I found our during a routine prenatal visit. the nurse took my B/P and it read 180/110 (DANGEROUS). I was rushed to the hospital where i remained for eleven days. My pressure would not go down. the doctors had me on lock down. NO more than two visitors at a time, NO telephone, No sunlight, No food, No stress. My body began to swell; My kidneys started shutting down to the point that the doctor ordered a daily flush similar to dialysis, but not. My vision became extremly blurry to the point that i could only see the outline of people and i could not read my medical bracelet. It was frightning. the doctor said that I was at risk of becoming blind so she ordered an emergency C-section.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 3:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• If the doctor has you on bedrest than remain on bedrest.. My pressure would only reduce on bedrest and would rise as soon as i sat up. Please take care of yourself and do not miss any appointments. Talk to your doctor about preclampsia.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 3:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• the chances of having a stillborn are very very small. your dr. is monitoring you, which is great. follow dr's orders perfectly!!!!try not to worry tooo much mama!
    now the hard part, all of that needs to be balanced with your mothers intuition. if you suspect danger, let your dr. know.
    i wish the best of luck to you and your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• go to preeclampsia.org now!!! some doctors are complete idiots. and preeclampsia which its definatly sounds like you are developing can lead to inter-uterine-growth-restriction, placenta apruption and yes still birth! how high is you bp? and have you done a 24 hour protien panel lately. this is a very serious disease that is a leading cause of both fetal and maternal death.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 8:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2010