anyone with pcos get big cysts that come and go, and how many actually have had a baby with pcos?

i had a 2.5 cm cyst show up for three months, my period for those three months was almost non exisitant. it would spot a day or two stop start up a few days later and it wasnt even enough to use a panty liner. the cyst went away on its own and now my periods are back to normal flow but still not normal as in regular. i have gotten pregnant only once and that was almost two years ago and it ended in a blighted ovum. i also weighed more then than i do now. im stumped i dont know what else to ask or do to help out. i do have insurance, but its kaiser and kaiser sucks with these kinds of diagnosis. my prior obgyn said that i have pcos but refused to run tests and what not......do any of you peoples with pcos have kids? how bad is your pcos? do you have advice ?

darejenn05

Asked by darejenn05 at 1:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My cysts go away on their own, thankfully. I only have a period about once a year if I'm not taking progesterone. I have 2 kids and we've been trying for another for a couple of years. It took us 2 yrs for the 2nd one so I'm hoping it will happen soon. I take Metformin and it really helps a lot with the PCOS symptoms and I recently started taking chaste tree berry extract, but it hasn't been long enough to see if it will help. My Dr. will give me Clomid, but I wanted to try for a couple of years first (just a personal choice) and it looks like I will be asking for some soon.

SoulCysters.com is where I have found a lot of accurate information on PCOS and there is a lot of support on their message baords too. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I have PCOS and my periods are so crazy. I have an almost 7 month old son. I got pregnant after losing 40 lbs. I've now gained it all back, though.
    NursyLori

Answer by NursyLori at 5:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My cysts go away on their own, occasionally they pop and it HURTS LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!! But I do have a son, he is 22 months old. I conceived him using metformin and clomid.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 12:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• so have all of you taken clomid and or metformin to concieve? have any of you had luck with any herbal remedies im soooo frustrated its crazy. i have a period every 31-47 days, but ocasionally i do have a period twice a month. when i had the cyst i didnt have a real period for 3-4 months. chelleybeans mine hurt soo bad and when i went to the ER before i had insurance the doc pushed really hard and made it hurt worse and made it hurt to the point i coudlnt move. then she said i was ovulating.....i have not had a good go around with doc on this but i will see where i can go next week with it all. do any of you have suggestions on the questions i need to ask? i dont have pcos documented so im sure i will have to start all over to get any kind of treatment right?
    darejenn05

Answer by darejenn05 at 1:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2010