Are you a no 'poo girl? What do you use instead?

I use baking soda about once a week and vinegar rinse in between. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• ok can you explain this in like an everyday thing as in when you do it and how much you do it with
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• hahaha i just gotta say that i like your pic busylovinghim...lol..it totally threw me off..

alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Huh?
    NursyLori

Answer by NursyLori at 5:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• what are you guys talking about? i dont get it? lol
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 6:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• "No Poo" is basically surfactant-free shampoo, ergo, it doesn't foam. I did the baking soda-vinegar thing for a while, and then I discovered Wen by Chaz Dean. Worth every single penny. My two sisters and I pooled our money and bought a gallon of it, which slices the price from nearly $30 per 16 ounces down to $10 per 16 ounces. I am a total non-believer in All Things Infomercial, but this stuff does exactly what the commercials claim.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I did it for a while but had a 2 year old who would destroy the bathroom with the baking soda. So currently we are using california baby until the girls are older.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 7:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Just curious...is there anything that you do with/to the baking soda and vinegar to make it easier to use? Does the vinegar make your head smell sour? I have wanted to try no surfactant shampoo but it is just too pricey for us. I would love some tips if you have them! TIA
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Vinegar doesn't make your head smell. I promise. Hair smells nice and clean when you're done. And if you want girly smells, you can add a couple drops of essential oils to the vinegar. :-)
    I did the baking soda/vinegar thing for the better part of a year because my hair was so badly damaged. I had to let the damage grow out, and cut it short to make my hair look decent. I use Aubrey Organics now because I kind of like the feel and routine of shampoo / conditioner. it's about $10 a bottle here and worth every penny.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 8:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• The vinegar smell should at least be gone when your hair is dry. If your hair picks up too much of the smell, dilute it more with water.
    I would like to try the baking soda thing.

I use mostly natural/organic shampoos bc i have really sensitive skin and i am into that kind of thing so it makes me feel good to use that on my body as well. Look for labels that have as little ingredients as possible. If I don't know what the ingredient is then I don't want it in my hair!
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• OP: Sorry got really busy. I have a tub of baking soda (from costco, just dumped into a rubbermaid tub thingy.) I use a scoop from a slimfast can. I put the baking soda on my hands, wet it and rub through my hair, rinse and it is squeaky clean. To clean further or maintain I use vinegar in a squirt bottle (like a picnic ketchup bottle) I put in a couple drops of lavender essential oil or tea tree oil. Then I rinse....KEEP EYES CLOSED. YIKES... Vinegar smell doesn't last. Dh hates it though. I can't smell it. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2010