can u?

give me some advice on relactating? my baby is 14weeks and i want to try it thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi there - I would advise asking in the breastfeeding group or contacting a Le Leche League in your area . I relactated with my second baby - I weaned her as I was getting advice like she was allergic to my milk, and that she wasn't getting enough (doh) Anyway, I'd fully weaned her and then changed my mind ( read= got a backbone and some education) I sat with her and fed her every chance I got, as much as she would allow me to, even when she wasn't hungry just for comfort, or cause I was cuddling her. Bless her heart she was very cooperative, and my milk supply was back up and full force within a week or so - As long as you have an intact pituitary gland and breasts, drink plenty and rest plenty you can totally do it! For quick success, set about the time as though no social engagements are overly important, just stay in your pyjamas and spend the time snuggling on the couch - Message me if you want- and good luck :-)
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It's fine to also give her formula, just try to get her to suck for a little while first. If she fusses, her her off, you don't want to form a negative association with your breasts, so don't wait til she's screaming hungry, just that time when you think she's almost due for a feed, pop her on and see if she will suck. Many babies just go back naturally like little ducks to water. Be selective who you tell, so many people asked me why bother, why hassle/ they made me feel silly for wanting to start again, said I was confusing her ... she and I were NOT confused and it was a real achievement to say we were back exclusively BF'ing. Not for everyone I know but it was right for us ( probably took 2 or 3 weeks b4 we tossed the bottle for good)
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• good for you!!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Great!

http://www.kellymom.com/ is a great breastfeeding website.

You could get info and support on the breastfeeding groups or on the discussion boards at Mothering Magazine http://www.mothering.com/

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Please drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group here.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Get yourself an At-Breast Supplementer

Order yourself some Domperidone

Spend as much time skin to skin with your baby and encourage baby to nurse as much as possible!  Good luck!

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2010