how do you plan and shop for your meals ?

I am tired of figuring out what to do, nothing ever seems to fit and I do not really like to cook anymore. I thought about having every M-Sun be something every week. You know, crock pot mondays, leftover tuesdays, casserole wednesdays but it does not seem to work for me. Any suggestions? I did try before my baby was born to freeze meals for the month ( and it was kind of nice to pull out what I needed every night ), but once a month , a whole day of cooking is exhausting and really I can't buy that much at one time. Give me your ideas ladies. thanks !

eblue3

Asked by eblue3 at 3:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I get emails from betty crocker and kraft foods they are always sending out recipies. So I can sit and plan dinner for a week or two from that. I dont do it all the time but sometimes
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 7:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• 1. When the grocery store sale ads come out I look them over and check which one has the best sales that we could most use. I sometimes will go to more than one store, but not always...just depends on how good each sale is. I keep our budget in mind during every step of this process.

2. I take invnetory of what is already in the kitchen and determine what meals I can make based on what I already have and what is on sale for the week.

3. I begin to plan a menu with enough variety to keep us from getting bored with our meals.

4. I write out a grocery list based on the menu. Put it directly in the purse so I cannot forget it.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I don't meal plan, unless I start craving a bunch of things at once - then in my head I'll decide what meal when. I scour the ads and shop according to those. I cook according to what I have in the house. I have a good stock of food, we buy half a beef or more at a time (whole but share) so we always have meat, I always keep a variety of pastas, sauces, etc around. I can make pretty much any meal at the drop of a hat. The only thing I have to plan in advance is if I need to get something in the crock pot first thing in the morning. Otherwise I rarely know before 3pm what we're having that night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I list out eight days worth of meals and snacks; write the ingredients that I need to buy to complete the meal plan; pull coupons; shop.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2010