Is this cheating ?

Do any of you mommas, who have hubbys that work alot, or are neglective when it comes to our emotional and physical needs, use chat rooms to fulfill that "hole"?
If so, do you feel guilty afterwards? Do you or anyone you know consider it cheating? Do you "become" a different or more interesting person? And how often do you do it? I was just wondering because I found myself in a chat room one night talking to this wonderful man, and we had a 100% innocent conversation, only thing dirty about it was the martinis ;) So tell me about your experiences. This is the place to tell all. :)

colbysmommie95

Asked by colbysmommie95 at 5:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do not do it, but as for whether or not it's cheating, my boyfriend and I use this rule: If we wouldn't want the other to know about it or do it themselves, if we feel the need to hide it, it's cheating. It's that simple for us. So, I guess, going by our rule, the answer to your question would first require you to answer the question of whether you feel you need to hide this from your husband? If you do, then yes, it's cheating. If you don't, then I guess it's not.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Would you want you DH/SO to be chating to a female on-line?

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• This is the nearest thing I get to a chat room. Other then here, I sometimes check my facebook, but mostly play Guild Wars...I don't even talk to people in there, although he does, but it doesn't bother me...well too much. I trust him though, if I didn't we wouldn't have much of a marriage.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 7:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I would consider that cheating or on the road to cheating in my book. I have a friend who is unhappy with her boyfriend so she started talking to a guy on her on-line game. The talking led to web cam chat which led to cyber sex. Just be careful, or better yet, work on your marriage first.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yes it is cheating. I did that too and the outcome of that was explosive. I never had sex with this person, but to my husband it was like I did. Things have never been the same since. We're working on our marriage still and it feels like an eternity, but I'm glad that he has stuck around. I don't think I would've if the tables were turned. I would suggest for you to talk with your husband and try to get more time with each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It might not necessarily be cheating, but it's definitely playing with fire!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 10:57 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It's very much, cheating no matter how many flowers you dress it up with.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 11:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I agree with the statement...If you couldn't tell him about it, then it would be a form of cheating. Neither party should do something if they feel it should be hidden. You probably have some guilt over it if your asking the question. I would suggest you talk to your man about it. Tell him your feeling slighted by him not being around and talk about how to come up with a solution. Date nights, or when he is home to spend quality time together. I would stay away from the chat room and come up with exciting things to do when he comes home.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• oh wow, ladies, sorrry if i gave the impression that I myself do it, because i dont LOL i dont go any further then this and facebook of mutual friends. I was just curious as to how other woman felt about this :)

OP
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2010