do you think its true

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Some of the stuff on there I've heard before from a friend whose studying to be a nutritionist. But I agree that some of it may be exaggerated. I stay away from milk though because my children and I don't have a good reaction to it (I get the runs and my son gets constipated so bad he's bled while trying to go). A doctor told me that more and more people are finding that they can't handle milk. The percentage increases each decade I think. Milk isn't as healthy as most people think. For instance the fact that you don't absorb most of the calcium in milk is true as far as I know. You get very little. And the protein in milk can actually leech calcium from your body. For calcium eat kale or similar veggies.

Answer by amethystrse at 7:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• that is crazy. it makes me want to find an alternative to milk.

Answer by lynenedubbels at 6:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Some of it is true, however a lot of that is not or is highly exaggerated. I'm vegan and I know the bad effects that milk can have but some of that is way over exaggerated.

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• waaayyy exaggerated! Anything you eat, no matter if it's organic, vegetable or meat is going to have chemicals in it or bad things that you shouldn't eat on a large scale because the soil is saturated with crap now...but that doesn't mean we should all stop eating! If milk was that bad for you people would die from drinking it all the time, but most of us drink milk and live to see another day. People like to take facts and distort them to serve their cause and on the internet where it's nearly impossible to police everyone people can say anything and get away with it. If you're goign to stop drinking milk do so because of the ickiness factor not because it's dangerous. (seriously the pus and blood is just gets in the milk because the cow is pushed so hard that her utters will bleed or pus! gross!) other than that think of it as when a human mother nurses her child an echo of what she eats goes to the child. The same applies for the cows.

Answer by knfisch at 10:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Waaaay exaggerated. I showed this link to my doctor and she about died laughing. Some of this is accurate, but only if you drink like a gallon of milk in a day. In moderation, like everything else, it is ok.

Answer by tinandril at 1:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Demand for raw milk growing, despite dangers - Diet and nutrition ...
    Apr 10, 2008 ... Despite potentially serious health risks, demand for unpasteurized, or raw, milk is growing among consumers concerned about chemicals, ... -
    considering all the chemicals they pump into cows, yes I think allot of it is probally true. But what food's today arnt pumped full of chemicals?

Answer by vbruno at 3:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2008