Contractions a steady 5 minutes apart now

BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!! Iv been having these contractions sense sat nigjt. I got to the hospital sunday at noon and the contractions were about 7-10 mins apart. Im only 34wks tosay so they tryed EVERYTHING to stop them... Even morphyne and that horrible horrible magnezium crap... But nothing was stoping the contractions. So now im just sitting here on full bedrest in the hospital. Contractions are now a pretty steady 5mins apart but no change in dialation (1-2cm) sense i got here. Im just frustrated. Nothings happening but they still wont let me go home and wait this out! Anyone else had to deal with steady painful contractions, but what feels like useless contractions to me? Fyi babys heart rate is perfect. Nothing they are doing has effected how the baby is doing, which im happy about... Shes a strong little girl! just slightly stubbern i guess haha

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 5:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had this too. you have to drink ALOT of water. if you get dehidrated you will have cramps. i went to the hospitol so many times for this same thing. starting at 28 weeks. drink lots and lots of water and rest rest rest!! dont worry she will be coming soon!! good luck and congrats to you!!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 6:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• im in the hospital on lots of fluids in an IV. That was the first thing they tryed. Then i got two shots in my arms 20 mins apart that was suposta stop them, didnt work. Then they tryed two pills to help relax the uterus, didnt help. And next they tryed a shot of morphyne in my IV to relax every muscle in my body... That was super itchy and just reminded me why i never did drugs. And after that the only thing left they could do was give me that HORRIBLE drug magneseum i think? Well 12 hrs was all i could handle of that.. And again it did nothing! So what now? They wont help speed it up cause im only 34wks.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 6:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• hang in there is all i can say. try to relax. your baby will come when she is ready. it is great that you are not dilating. just let your baby gain a little weight and grow a little more. every extra day wiill give her extra strength!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2010