just had surgery today

hi, i had surgery today to revise my 19 month old c-section scar. i am wondering if there is anyone out there that has been thru the same thing as me? i am home tonight, with some pain meds and this bulb like thing that despences pain/numbing meds directly into my abdominal wall to numb the incison site. i am still in alot of pain. pretty brused up. i have a toddler, (19 months) who is not coping very good with all of this. i cant pick her up or anything. i still breastfeed too. have any of you been thru this and if so tell me how you delt with all of it!! thank you so much.

Preggydyke

Asked by Preggydyke at 6:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Health

• Having that done is like having a c-section all over again. You should have had some one to be their with you for support. I had it done. But my kids where 2 and 7. My oldest helped me with my youngest.

Answer by louise2 at 6:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I had a hyst that involved cutting through my c-section scar, plus he cut about 4 extra inches so he could take off extra skin. Luckily my dr kept me in the hospital for 3 days so that I wouldn't have to take care of my 18 month old at the time. I would suggest trying to semi lay down while having to nurse. Make sure that you put as many pillows around your abdomen to make it comfortable and to protect your stomach. My daughter was only 3 months old when I had to have my gallbladder out and I had to do the thing with the pillows. Also see if someone can come help with other things.
    psych_mom

Answer by psych_mom at 11:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2010