What is the last parenting book you purchased? why did you buy it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• what to expect during the 1st year. i bought it because i absolutely loved what to expect when expecting. although, i never really finished what to expect during the 1st year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Unplugged. I lovd it because it talks about activities to do that are not electronic and has activities suggested for each age group. Talks about how to stock your home with the most creative items to assist in child development and play. I wanted to encourage my child to have no television. So we live this each day. Our television is in the basement in my husband's office. The book is more or less a guide for what we can do around the house to mix it up. So far so good.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:54 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• The Attachment Parenting Book by Dr. and Ms. Sears. I got it because I love the Sears series and I'm trying to build my library. I have The Discipline Book next on my list. I have a very strong willed 3y/o and I don't want to break him, I want to teach him how to control himself.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 9:10 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Never read a parenting book.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2010