Have you ever heard of a 9 year old getting blackheads or whiteheads? My son is getting them on his nose. Any suggestions how to get rid of them, other than taking him to the dermatologist?

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Just have him wash his face regularly with a face cleanser or exfoliant. He may be a real sweaty kid or starting to go through puberty already. I don't think you need a dermatologist for blackheads!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 9:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Keeping his face clean is important. Drinking water is important. I agree with the first poster.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My ten year old (girl) has started getting them. I got her a face cleaning kit through Avon and am teaching her how to wash her face better. I think her hormones are starting to change and "puberty" will be soon for us. (she has started to bud too)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My daughter is 10, and she started getting a few, so I thought maybe she wasn't washing her face good enough. I bought her the book "The Care and Keeping of You", and it has made a HUGE difference! It gives them a "regimine" of how to take care of their bodies, and it's really given her a sense of "femininity"!!! It has also opened the door for her to know how to voice some of her "questions" to me and really opened up the lines of communication with both of my girls. I don't know what I'll do for my boy!!! They don't have anything like that for boys that I know of.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• cut back on the sugar and the dairy. or try organic milk.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My son has been dealing with this since he was about 9 or 10. I taught him to wash his face more thoroughly. Welcome to puberty!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• welcome to puberty! Teach him to wash his face 2x daily.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2010