Will men change their name someday?

So if a woman gets married she changes her name, or keeps her name, or it gets hyphenated.
Will this ever happen with men. LOL++????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are some men who do. In fact, one of the women that's on the space shuttle right now, when she married her husband, they both hyphenated their names. My boyfriend found that last night. He was reading the bios of all the astronauts on the shuttle and came across that. He was impressed by that - although I'd bet money if I suggested he do that when we get married, he'd think I was crazy. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I think on very rare occasions it has happened. But, no, I don't think it will ever become a trend.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Nope they're to pig-headed and macho to do it...including my husband. Although I've heard of a few guys who have done it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• If I wanted it, my husband would have changed his name but in the end I didn't want it.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• ive only heard it happened 1 time, the guys last name was Cox, he said after he gets married and they have kids he doesnt want them to live with the torment from other kids because of their last name like he did when he was younger, so he took her name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I know a man that married an olny child and took his wife's name so the family name could go on. He also has 2 brothers. But agreed I don't think it will ever become the norm.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My sister's BF has a hyphenated last name made from 2 very difficult to pronounce and spell names. Since her last name is very common, he actually uses her last name for dinner reservations, shipping packages... all kinds of stuff. He'd take her name if they ever got married.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I like taking the mans last name....Its just traditional.I also find it tacky for a woman to MAKE a man take her last name.Can we say whipped for life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My Husband said he would change his name for me. I didn't make him go through with it (especially since my Brother had a son to continue our name).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My husband was taken aback when I told him I was not giving up my last name. I changed it legally to honor my grandparents who raised me and he did understand after some thought and was perfectly ok with it hyphenated. As far as him changing his name, a man needs his identity, just as much.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 10:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2010