play pen sleeper...

my dd will only sleep in her play pen not her crib, she trys to crawl out and stands and screams in it. shes almost 17 months and has been for almost 8 months now. is it bad for them to not sleep in a bed and is she too young for a toddler bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if its still big enough then let her sleep whereever shes confortable lol. soon she will outgrow it and have to sleep in her crib or toddler bed. my DS hated a toddler bed so i put a queen sized mattress on the floor and he loved it cuz he could play and then jump on his bed and pass out
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• let her sleep in the play pin, i think its okay she's big enough, if she doesnt walk yet then i wouldent be a good idea for her to sleep in the bed or ina toddler bed. she happy in the play pin, so i think you should leave her there, my son slept in one for about 1yr he was 12 months when her started sleeping in one, hes two now, so im buying a toddlers bed, for now he sleep with me, he outgrew the playpin. lol.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Let her sleep in mom. Pretty soon she WILL have to transition, as she'll start to get to big for it. But if she's comfy and she's giving u a good nights rest I say go for it LOL.

DD(5 months) sleeps in her playpen. Dh bought one where you can place the pad higher up with these metal dowels. Didnt even know they had those. Anyway, I was soooo close to ordering a crib for DD, glad I didnt because she refuses to sleep anyplace else. We usually have to take her pen with us when we're visiting family because she wont sleep right if we dont.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• she can walk lol since she was 11 months old and knows how to get off our bed. im just worried about hre getting into stuff in our room when she wakes up or falling out since she wiggles too much to sleep with us anymore. and i have a crib and a new baby on the way in less then four months so would be okay to take her from a play pen to a toodler bed and give the crib to her sister? she really tiny only 29inches and she just grew a bunch so i think it will we awhile before she out grows it lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2010