People eat too much. Do you agree that 1/2 lb of beef is more than enough to make dinner for a family of 4?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, my kids are very active and have high metabolisms. My stick-thin 5 year-old daugher could easily eat that by herself. Not to mention my son, who is the world's biggest carnivore, and lil' sis, who enjoys her food as well. Then there is my husband, who is 6' 4" and communtes 10-15 miles on bike every day. Oh yeah and me, I'm not a big eater, and yeah, I'm the most overweight person in the family, have 15 lbs to lose. I would maybe eat 1/2 cup of meat.
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 10:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Not in my family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Not in my family of four.. 1 lb of beef would be plenty.. but a half would barely feed my husband and one son.. Not me or my other son. lol. I think you don't eat enough.
    Anonymous

• I agree people eat too much but no 1/2 pound of beef is not enough for 4 people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• well if they all ate like me then yes, in my family only DH has the lions share of meat, the rest of us prefer meatless items or fish, so that would go far in my house!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i cook 1/2 pound of beef for just me and my husband & my two yr old son,
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Not even close! I would say 2 lbs for a family of 4 if all are eating the beef. But we eat a LOT of meat in our house!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• we use 1 pound on a regular basis. But it is me and three kids (10, 6, and 4 years old) There is usually one serving of food left over which becomes my sons lunch the next day while my girls are at school.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• a 1/2 pound for each person maybe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• No. I use a pound of ground meat when cooking for my guys. I have two boys and a dh who have to have their meat.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 9:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2010