somtimes i feel like a could be a better mom!

im a stay at home mom, i have been for two yrs now, when it comes to cleaning or cooking im good i do it.. BUT when it comes to feeding my son. ayeee i rather just him what ever he asks for ( like junk food) or ( cups & cups of milk) cause hes suchhhhhhhhhhh a pickkkkkkkkkky eaterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. man i think if he wasnt like this i'll feed him more and cook luch for him, i now just cook breafst for me and have him pick on whatever he want from my plate, cause if i cook him anything must likely it'll end up in the trash or in the floor, & not even touched, and that pisses my off when i have to throw away food. in one he'll eat:
4 cups of milk.
dry cereal
chips
kids gummys
somtimes i could get like 4 spoons of rice for dinner in his mouth.
i feel like im failing as a mother for just cooking anything and see if he wants he does ok and does okayy, but throwing away food i HATE. any moms going through this too, or just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know a lil about this. My son is not picky, just doesnt eat much or often. So I have to make every bit count. Start by cooking in bulk and dividing it up instead of putting it in the trash. EX: cook a box of mac & cheese then divide. one lunch could be hot dog and mac& cheese. Then mac& cheese with dinner. Cook whole pack of baccon then put in a zip lock to much on later and with breakfast for a few days too. Carnation instant breakfast powder has alot of protein and vitamins so put that in cup of milk to look like choc. milk. Snacks like granola bars instead of chips and chop up veggies of fruits when you grocery shop and put in zip lock bags. make several lil lunch plates to keep in the frig. so yo dont have to cook something every time. Even a fozen pizza then divide it up to be a few lunches. I serve it with Ranch for dipping with a few raw veggies. Next thing you know he is eatting the veggies in ranch too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• well your son is reacting from your actions, your nat a bad mom but the easy way is not always best. my son would rather eat what you just listed but instead in my house he doesnt get those things until i am satisfied that he has had some real food. if i give him food and he throws it, he gets a time out, when he comes back, if he still doesnt want it i put in the fridge and wait until he is hungry, i DO NOT give him any snacks until he has eaten, eventually he gets hungry enough to eat whatever i give him! your son will not starve himself, but he will however do whatever gets on your nerves so that he can get what he wants. he knows if he doesnt eat his food he will get it replaced by a snack later. so dont force him to eat, but dont give him anything else either!!! wait until he is truly hungry and try the same food again, trust me eventually he will eat it!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2010