a bad influence

If you tell your kid that you want to have them stay away from a particular kid doesn't it make them want to do it just to spite you? This kid talks really bad about their mom (I've even heard her). This is what we have found in the past and it's happening again so we aren't sure if we should do the same all over again. How can you keep your child away if they ride the bus w/them, play soccer on the same team, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• just talk to you child. Tell your child how you feel. tell him/her that you would like it better if he/she doesnt hang to much around him. as you can see your child cant just stop taking to her if they are in a team. a Teams need to act like a TEam you just cant make your child stop talking to her, that could casue problems between the team and you! tell your child of rud that girl is and you'll be happy if your child just keeps it low with her.. Its goona be hard, Cause ther are a TEAM! if it was just a ride to school or they go to the same school thats a whole different story.. Talk to Your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I don't forbid my daughter from being with these types of girls, I simply explain to her that we should surround ourselves with people who treat us the way we deserve to be treated, and who treat other people the way they deserve to be treated.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 10:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• You don't.Just let her know HOW you feel. Also are they BEST friends?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I would wonder why she talks so badly about her mother first.. If there is something going on, I would try to help.. If she is just being a brat I would speak to the mother..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 11:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i'd probably let my kid play with the friend, but my son knows, and my daughter(s?) will too when they get older, that they're allowed to beat some sense into the playmate the minute they think to talk bad about him.

I think people would behave better if they learned serious lessons like this when they were kids. that less people would be killed over petty things if they learned consequences when they were kids. and kids don't learn all the important life lessons from their parents.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• You can't stop those kinds of group encounters but you can stop the personal ones. This child is not allowed at your house. Your child is not allowed at his. You do need to talk about why though. Correction with out explanation is pointless.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2010