so....BC?

Well I'm due soon & I want to be put on BC ASAP! DH & I have talked about it & agreed with just regular OC. Not an IUD or the other. Just OC or the patch. I was on BC 3 years ago only for 6 months. & I was wondering if you've taken BC, which one, how did it effect you, how did you feel as you were on it & when you came off. Did it effect your moods better or worse. As I can remember I wasn't so moody & I was pretty happy but I do know that if this time I'm moody it might cause some problems with my marriage, I'm already moody as hell. Not just because of baby. Any advice is great!!!

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Everyone's body reacts differently to different kinds of BC. You may have to try a few different ones before you find the best one for your body.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:27 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Will you be breastfeeding? I am currently BFing and on the mini pill. It does not have estrogen in it so it will not diminish your milk supply. My youngest is over a year old now and I am not preggo yet lol
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 9:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Did you have to ask that question LOL Here comes the bashing - No I am not going to breastfeed. I'm happy for all those women that can & do but when I tired with my son I just couldn't handle it. So No.

I don't really care about the headaches or the periods. I'm happy with having one a month & I have migranies anyways so not a big deal, my concern is moodiness & weight gain.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I use a diaphragm. Its something not many people use but, I like that it has no hormones or side effects, I use it when I need it and when used properly ( your practitioner should show you how to use it) its just as effective as the pill.
    Jade812

Answer by Jade812 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2010