Antibiotic expiration?

Do refrigerated antibiotics go bad after 10 days? I know you are only supposed to do a 10 day cycle. But I was wondering if that had anything to do with the meds expiring...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They'll usually have a separate expiration date. Ideally you're supposed to take the antibiotics for the 10 days and they should be gone. Some people will tell you to take them until they are gone, rather than just the cycle. Either way, after the cycle is done, you should generally throw anything extra away.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• no it should have an expire date. My kids all when they had the 10 days it always had a diffrent expiration than the 10 days they tell you 10 days cause you should finish it or it isn't going to help you get better. I have always taken them within the 10 days, but there is an expiration date on them
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2010