Sens. Joseph I. Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) issued the first congressional subpoenas of the Obama administration Monday after accusing the White House of stonewalling their requests for information about the Fort Hood shootings.
In a letter with the subpoenas, the chairman and ranking member of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee said the FBI and Defense Department had IGNORED THEIR REQUESTS for five months. The Nov. 5 shootings at the Texas base, the largest Army post in the United States, left 13 people dead.
Lieberman and Collins said they sought witnesses and documents about what the government previously knew about the alleged gunman, Army psychiatrist Nidal M. Hasan, and whether it had adequately investigated his pre-shooting communications with Yemeni cleric and suspected terrorist Anwar al-Aulaqi
Collins and Lieberman said the FBI and Pentagon had permitted their personnel to speak to internal investigators -- including the FBI's deputy director and a Gates-appointed panel led by former Army secretary Togo West and retired Adm. Vernon Clark, a former chief of naval operations -- but not to their committee. "Congress cannot settle for less access than the West-Clark review received," they said.
Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2010
Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2010
Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2010
Answer by ZaTa at 11:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2010
Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2010
Answer by eema.gray at 11:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2010
Answer by mancosmomma at 12:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2010
Excellent!!! Are they going to subpoena TOTUS, too?! You KNOW he has ALL the answers!!! LOL :o)
Answer by LoriKeet at 12:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2010
Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2010
Answer by Carpy at 1:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2010
Most Liked Posts