Newly Pregnant & need help!

I am about 7 weeks pregnant. I have been VERY sick for almost a month now. I'm so exhausted it's hard to just get up and make the kids breakfast before I have to go lay down - And we are talking cereal for breakfast! I'm so nauseous that I can't even sit up right for more than a few minutes.

I have my own business and my pregnancy/illness has forced me to stop working, which means no income! I also have 2 other kids who are really getting pushed to the side because I can't focus enough to even talk to them. All I can do is sleep...

WHAT CAN I DO??? I CAN'T BE LIKE THIS FOR ANOTHER 9 MONTHS!!!

I was never sick like this with the other 2... HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yeah i was exactly like that...i couldn't get out of bed. doc had to put me on a prescription to keep down the tiniest bit of food and even function for that matter...some of us are just unlucky like that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i agree w/ PP. i'd talk to a doctor or midwife and see if there is anything they can do for you. i didn't have nausea and vomiting with my first but i did w/ my 2nd but i will still able to function so i didn't need a Rx but with your extreme symptoms, i would definitely ask!!!! good luck, feel better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It could be hyperemesis gravidum. Have you talked to your OB? They put me on Zofran w/ both of my boys. Thankfully, I've had no nausea this time.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I'm feeling like garbage myself. My first pregnancy wasn't like this at all. Candied ginger tastes disgusting, but REALLY helps. And, as difficult as it is, getting up and doing things is helpful. I find when I have stuff to do, I feel better. I've been forcing myself to workout. It's helpful. Keep the bland diet, get the ginger, and do your best to move around some. I'm hoping it starts to taper off soon. I read that it peaks at 8-9 weeks and then pretty much subsides by 12. Feel better, and know, feeling crappy is a good sign! :)
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• OP Here - I'm living on Ginger Ale! I love ginger so that's a good thing. But I don't know what else to do! I called my doctor but haven't seen them yet. It's gonna sound strange, but the only thing that really makes my belly feel better is hamburger! I can eat all the McDoubles I want to and I feel better. But nothing else... I don't get it!

I was sick all 9 months with the other two, but not like this. I could function - I just couldn't be around strong smells. But with this one, I'm sick no matter what!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i was so nause my first 9weeks i started to lose weight they put me on zofran. id ask about it. it made me stop being naused and eating again. but unfortually u will be tired but only until 12weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2010