have you ever gone on a vacation without your children? did you feel guilty??

I'm really feeling guilty about going away for 5 days without them, but my hubby is really looking forward to it, so I am going along with it. I'm sure I'll have fun, but I still hate leaving them with the grandparents.

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've only had the opportunity to go away for the weekend. I did feel guilty about it until I knocked some perspective into myself. My husband is the person I've promised forever too- and I need to preserve and nurture my relationship with him even though we have kids. Going and having a few days of fun with each other, being able to really focus on one another, does wonders.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Um.. I have not been on vacation without them yet but I WOULD LOVE TO! Dont feel guilty! They get to spend some good quality time the the grandparents and you get a much needed break from reality. You will miss them they will miss you but everyone will be having a great time! GL and Have fun!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yes and nope. Parents need alone time and to visit adult places that kids can't truly appreciate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I did this many times, thinking, I needed a break, only to find myself wishing they were there with me and thinking how much they would have enjoyed this or that. I tell you, it is dam if you do and dam if you don't!!!!!

Answer by older at 11:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Oh hub and I have done it many times. The company he works for takes all the employees on a trip once a year. Did I ever feel guilty?? HELL NO! Why would I, the kids always have fun with the grandparents, the grandparents enjoy it AND it's extremely important for married couples to be just MARRIED COUPLES! Did we miss the kids? Of course we did, but boy did we have fun missing them :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Oh and if you don't have fun? You only have yourself to blame and then an apology to your hubby to make
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Like Older said you're Damned if you do and Damned if you don't... We take time though out the year for weekends for just the 2 of us...
    IMO 5 days for a vacation with your Hubby is no big deal, you need your time to remember why you both decided to get married, and have your kiddies.... Have fun!!!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My husband and I take two to three trips a year without our girls, do we feel guilty NO!
    We also take a couple little trips with them as a family.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• GO! GO! GO!

I did one time. We went to New Orleans the spring right before Hurr Katrina. I worried about my one child at the time but there was no cleaning, no cooking, no dishes, and lots of "play time" for me and hubby. I want another trip like that!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• We're (my husband and I) are leaving tomorrow actually. Kids are staying with his parents. I don't feel guilty at all. It's a welcomed break. I love my kids, of course, but I also love my husband and it's always a good idea to get some time together, alone...without the kids...to reconnect. It's a great way to relax, and when I come home I'm a much happier mommy!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 12:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2010