What is a healthy way to lose weight, while breastfeeding, in a somewhat fast manner?

I would like to start losing weigh,t around 20 lbs. I have an 8 month old daughter and lost all of my weight from her but still have my weight to lose from my 2 year old. I don't want to decrease my milk supply in any way but would like to lose weight fast. Any ideas?

Tubbers

Asked by Tubbers at 11:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Health

• exercising. Walk at least 30 minutes a day.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• count calories and exercise. but keep up your fatty acids and proteins. In other words fish. fish is very low in calories and very high in nutrients. just steer clear of the ones that contain high mercury levels.
    take your ideal weight and multiply it my 10. that's how many, or less, calories you should be taking in. but remember that breastfeeding takes 200-300 calories a day, so add that into your goal calorie intake.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• When my son was 4-6 months old, i lost 30 lbs by counting calories. You wont lose weight unless you eat less and move more. you can run 14 miles, but if you eat a pizza afterward, you might as well have just sat on the couch and done nothing.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• eat lots of fruits and vegetables. drink 2-3 liters of water a day. get your good fats from fish, nuts and seeds, avocados are great!,cut back on dairy. cut back on processed foods. push your kiddos in the stroller as much as you can!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• A low GI diet is ideal while you are breastfeeding. Breastfeeding requires a lot of energy and theoretically this additional energy comes from the body fat laid down during pregnancy. Of course in reality it doesn't all get used up and most have to make a concerted effort to work off the baby weight. To do this though it is important that you don't go on a low calorie diet or any sort of extreme measure such as the low carb diets popular in the press. Since breastfeeding tends to increase your appetite (the body's way of ensuring you have the energy required to produce milk) this is good news as staying on such a diet would be a nightmare! This is what makes the low GI approach so successful - forget about trying to count calories or even your portions of food.
    First and foremost focus on the sorts of foods you are eating. Low GI foods are the wholegrains, fresh fruit and vegetables and legumes. Coninue...next answer
    Taniaengel

Answer by Taniaengel at 1:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• By eating these foods as the mainstay of your meals you can trust your appetite and eat to satisfaction while you are breastfeeding. Also get back to some exercise - even if it's just a daily walk with the pram/carriage. You should then find that the weight slowly starts to shift - realistically give yourself at least that first six months to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight.
    Fast weight loss does not work!
    If you want more help like a list of the foods i mentioned above and a fast way to start .....RESETING in 5 days to start a new health style, let me know I email you all details. Good luck, tania at: kaisermann@gmail.com
    Taniaengel

Answer by Taniaengel at 2:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2010