Big Decision and I just wanted some insight

Let me give you a little info... My soon to be husband, our 3 year old and I live with my mother... now before you get all judgemental on me let me say that living with my 40-something mom is more like living with a roommate and not my actual mother. She isn't your typical mother figure... We moved to this house with her to help her get back on her feet after a wonderful adventure in jail (thats another story). My name is on the lease as is hers (although the lease ended last November). The issue isn't as much her as it is my 22-year-old brother. He is the princess of the family... nothing he can do is wrong in her eyes. For some reason he moved in with us, I didn't even know it was happenening until after it was done. He has some legal problems as well as some severe drug problems. Continued below... sorry

justduckie_mom

Asked by justduckie_mom at 11:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• You have to make the best life you can for your family. Your mom will get by and if you give her some time, explain to her that she will need to take over the lease, bills, etc. and have your worthless brother get a job to help her. Do NOT put your life on hold for anyone...because you could be abandoned in a heartbeat if another offer were to arise. I'm not trying to talk ill about your family, but it doesn't seem that they appreciate what you are doing, so I don't think that you should stay for THEM. Make your life happen with your family.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• After living here for a few months on the couch we left to see some family over a weekend and came back to find that they cleared out my daughter's room and moved all of her furniture into our room and all her toys to living room so that he can have her room. The entire time he has been here he hasn't worked longer than a week or so at any job. So no help with the bills but he eats the food and leaves lights on everywhere. As it turns out.... my SO and I have recieved an offer that would require that we move to nebraska ( I live in Colorado). As much as I want to have my own space... I am kinda afraid to leave because my mother will go bonkers feeling like we are abandoning her. The problem is... following my gut instinct and possibly giving up family relationships or stick around here to try help.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 12:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Your responsibility is first to your husband and child. I would go ahead with the move.

Answer by missanc at 1:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Girl get out of there! :)
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2010