Husband set rules about how you can wake up in the morning?

Waking up this morning 10 minutes before my husband drug up old wounds about constant battles we had for a year about when I can set my alarm, how I set my alarm, how much earlier than him I'm allowed to wake up. He doesn't like to be bothered in the morning. I used to try and go out for a jog before he gets up to get ready for work. But I'm not allowed to try anymore if I don't get up when the alarm goes off. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• i'm sorry.. I'm suck at your constant use of the word "allowed"
    sounds UBER controlling to me
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• What??? You are being controlled beyond beleif! Put your foot down girl and get up at whatever time you see fit!

Answer by older at 12:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• this guy sounds just like my exboyf.

these niggling questions boiling in your gut are IMPORTANT. Ponder them...

I'll bet he has issues with your behavior too, right? Maybe he doesn't like something about your appearance?

he's not your daddy or your mommy. he can sleep on the damned couch or back in his momma's house.

I don't know what I'd do if I were you. but I'd certainly consider the future relationship you'll have if his... issues continued to be catered to. Who will you be? What ragged shreds of yourself will be left?
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 12:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Divorce the idiot or sleep in another room. What an ass.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• well... I kinda agree with your hubby only on the note that if you set the alarm for 5 am to go jog and I get up at 5:45 for work and you just silence your alarm and dont get up.. I am gonna be pissed. Why should you wake me up for NO reason. I am not saying that he should say you arent "allowed" cause that just is rude, but i would absolutely throw a fit.
    danmck1120

Answer by danmck1120 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• what if something like this is a little cute persionality thing. he shoul adore her intentions and failures.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 12:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Set your phone alarm on vibrate and put it under your pillow at night.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 12:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• This sounds controlling, my question I have for you, is he this way in other things? Or is this the only thing he makes a big deal about?
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't tolerate that. My boyfriend is very much a "I want to do what I want, when I want" kind of guy, and if he tried to control me, I'd give him a taste of his own medicine. I can see asking for things, maybe asking you to not set the alarm for X time b/c he needs to sleep or something, but to "allow" you is ridiculous. You are an adult. I'm not a super independent person, but I don't like someone trying to control me, either. I have to think this is not the only thing he is like this about. If I were you, I would give serious thought as to whether or not this relationship is worth the hassle.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Well, IF he is saying you are not allowed to set your alarm too much earlier than him because it wakes him up and then he has a hard time going back to sleep after that I can understand that,lol. My SO sets his alarm for 4 in the morning and then continues to press snooze until a little after 5 and I am a very light sleeper and it really sucks sometimes, lol. Then I can't go back to sleep after NOT having enough sleep to begin with and then I'm grouchy all day,lol.
    Can you stick an ear piece in your ear, like a headphone attached to a radio alarm clock or set your cell phone alarm and put it on vibrate and put it under your pillow.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2010