I didn't file for an extension OR do my taxes... Advice?

Yes, I screwed up so thank you to all you who would like to help by pointing that out. I would really rather not get into what has been going on in my life this month that explains it. I am where I am so now I need to just move forward. : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Do them now I guess. Don't let it get any later. It's only been a week.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yeah, do them now. My DH has a family member who is an accountant, and she said you have three years to file. You may get a penalty, though, I'm not sure.
    Anonymous

• Call a tax preparation place like H&R block and ask them what you should do. They'll be able to help you the best.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I'm in the same spot. Long story. But anyway, go to irs.gov
    that will answer a lot of your questions.
    And I believe you have untill October 15...so good luck to you...and me, lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I believe it would be fine to just do them now. Save yourself from getting any more penalties. It is so easy to do them yourself, just go to the IRS website.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I agree with anonymous. And the longer you wait the higher the penalty could be so I suggest you do them asap!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 1:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• just do them as soon as you can. you will not be thrown into jail, you may get a small fine.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Do them as soon as possible. The fines have interest so the earlier you pay the fine the better.

I had to pay state taxes in 2007. It was only $6, but I wrote the check and forgot to send it off. I swear it totally skipped my mind, I assumed I mailed it. Well I got a letter from them last year and in 2009, they had added so many fines and penalties to the $6, its crazy.

So basically the sooner you file, the better.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2010