Newly Pregnant & need help! (mostly for pagan/alternative moms)

I am about 7 weeks pregnant. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I was sick with the other 2 but not like this. With this one I have barely been able to get out of bed for 2 weeks now. I can't eat anything but McDoubles and can't drink anything but Ginger ale... I have all the ginger I can find and it is only working a small bit. If I so much as sit up for more than a few moments I am to sick to move. Plus I am so super exhausted I can't function.

Are there any "alternative" or even magickal answers I could explore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I did not have morning sickness, but I have tried this with other ailments, and It has given me some relief if only for a little while. You basically imagine yourself going in an fixing the problem.
    I get bad migraines so I will use a migraine for an example. I would lie down and imagine another me beside me. I have a medical bag, and I know I am going to fix the problem. I pull a bottle of pain relif liquid from my bag and rub it into the painful area on my head. I add a bandage to keep it there and give myself something for the nausea. I can visably see the pain fadin away and taking my nausea with it.
    I know this sounds rediculous, but it has really helped me. When I had pain from my endometriosis it helped me too.
    You can also try ginger tea, and chamomile. I have a friend who swore lemon drops saved her with her morning sickness.
    I wish you the best. goodluck!
    Anonymous

• I am going to post anon to keep from getting bashed to death on this one. But would you ever consider smoking a joint. I know it sounds crazy. But when I was pregnant that was the only that would settle my stomach enough for me to eat. I ask my doctor about it ( he isn't very traditional) and he told me that in his personal opinion it couldn't be any worse than smoking cigs. Just try it, I swear you wont be sorry.
    Anonymous

• Anon- I couldn't smoke a joint if I wanted to. Weed makes me so paranoid I get violent... So, no, not an option... But I do agree with you, weed is much better than half the meds they will want to put me on anyways!
    Anonymous

• http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I had extreme sickness with my last pregnancy. I couldn't keep anything down.I was throwing up 20-30 times a day. I had Hyperemesis.you have it too.this what helped me.Taking Vitamin B-6 in the middle of the night and going to back to bed for 4 hours and only sipping small amounts of water during that time. I know that sounds strange but if I took it at any other time it made the problem worse if you can imagine.the vomiting stopped but the nausea was still a constant.on the days I couldn't eat anything I literally survived on sipping protein shakes and ginger ale.mostly when I could eat it was only late at night.I ate what ever looked good, smelled good and tasted good, sometimes nothing more than a few cheetos or swiss rolls, not the healthiest but it was what I could get down and keep down.the main thing is to stay hydrated, you sound like you are doing ok if you can keep down some food,go w/ your cravings

munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 1:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• contin.. as long as you not craving anything harmful like clay, laundry detergent or dirt.. some women do and that is a sign of a deficiency.. hang in there hun.. as long as it doesn't get any worse and you 're getting plenty to drink and can eat something you and the baby will be fine..

munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 1:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I would go ask in the alternative groups - especially ones with lots of members. Just search groups with keywords like alternative, pagan, natural, alternative health, things like that.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Some remedies of the physical world: seabands acupressure wrist bands, suck a lemon wedge (works awesome), lavender tea, red raspberry leaf tea, lavender in an eye pillow while you do deep breathing and visualizations, peppermint works for some people

My DH did banishing rituals for me nearly every day. He also created a health servitor to follow me around and protect me from getting sick. He got me a copy of the Sepher Raziel HaMalach and put it under my side of the bed. I sleep on it every night. I've had zero health problems since then.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Lemon. Drink lemonade. You don't actually have to eat one, but if you cut one open and just smell it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I would suggest prayer, but that is me. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2010