my 5 month had blood in diaper

so i wake up at three in the morn to change my 5mnth diaper and i notice she has blood in her diaper and im so afraid so we are taking her to the doctors but is this normal because my husband says im overreacting and should wait to see if it goes away .. but im a mother and i want to protect my child besides he dont understand how i feel .... okay is this normal please ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he have a tear or bad diaper rash? Other than that I don't think blood in stool is normal at all. I don't think you are overreacting! I'd take her too!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I do not think youare over reacting at all! How scary. You are doing the right thing mby taking her to the Doctor. I freaked out one time because int he middle of the night my baby, who was under a week old spit up blood. I called urgent care int eh middle of the night and they assured me that he was fine if he did not have a fever. I still took him to the doctor first thing in the morning. It turned out to be nothing, but it sure made me feel better to know I did everything I could.
    When you go tot he doctor, bring the diaper and they can do tests from it, instead of poking and proding at your baby.
    Good Luck!
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 1:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Was it in her stool? Or do you think she could have a Urinary Tract Infection? I'm sure it's not big deal but just to be safe I don't think you're overreacting at all =)
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Bright red, or black stool? Bright red is usually harmless, often from a tear, rash, or straining. It doesn't hurt to check it out, but if it was a small amount of RED blood, it's probably nothing serious.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• If the poop was solid she may have just torn a little bit if it was inside the poop then i would take her in.
    Anonymous