Hearing disability

I have really bad hearing.I know this sounds dumb...but how can i have a job if i cant hear people?For now I am a SAHM.but when my children start school i would LIKE to do something.hearing aids are so expensive :( I can talk to people but they must be talking REALLY loud and MUST be looking at me so i can read lips just in case.Almost all conversations to me are like watching the TV on mute..What can I do? What should I do? Is this a real disability that could not allow me to work? Any one else have a story to tell me to make me feel better :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Health

• There are things you can do. You can work online. You can do Mary Kay or something like that and take online orders. You can do medical billing and coding. You can be a vet tech or something. Have you talked to an audiologist? There should also be something dss could help you with regarding hearing aids.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 1:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• OP. I have been doing hearing test since i was 6.My hubby is in the Army and i just had a new hearing test about a month ago.It got worse since my last test at 18 and im only 23 :/.When i meet my new Doctor he walked in and looked at me and then my sheet"Your not 73!" I laughed and said "no" he told me i have hearing of some one who is well 73 and older.Its heartbreaking to think that one day i wont be able to hear my children or grand children :( We talked about hearing aids and the military does not cover them.We dont have 5 grand to drop on then either...BUT thank you for the job ideas.I can do things with computers.
    Anonymous