Doctor's office called me, left a message

I'm 18 weeks and the office called, left a message, and when I called back, they said I had to call back at a certain time because the doctor needed to talk to me. I'm stressing. Do you think it might be bad.? I had a sonogram a week ago and everything was good. All my blood work was fine last time. The wait is killing me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Relax and breathe. He probably just wants to do another test. OB/GYNs are super careful, they're always running extra tests.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• god forbid doc would deign to call you himself, right. you're probably all right.

my baby docs sent me a fed ex last week to tell me they made an appointment for me at another specialist for a benign issue.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 1:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I'm the original poster. The nurse called and left the message, The nurse is usually is the one that talks to me.
    Anonymous

• My doc's office and I played phone tag for about a week at the beginning of my first pregnancy. I was freaking out, same as you, thinking something was horribly wrong. Turned out, I just had a UTI (with no symptoms, so when I went back to give another urine sample, it was already gone on its own).

It's probably just something like that that they found when running the routine tests every visit. Try not to worry too much. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• This is exactly why I see a midwife. When I call I get ahold of HER and when she has a problem with one of my test results SHE calls me. I have her home phone number, even, so I could even get ahold of her on a weekend if it was urgent or I was worried.

I agree with everyone else, it's probably something totally inocuous. If it's serious they make you come in for an appointemtn.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I'm sure it's fine. I have HPV and the dr always wants to talk to me to tell me my pap has come back irregular... even though he makes the call to me 4x a yr, LOL.

Just take a deep breath and stay calm.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 1:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My PAP came back fine. My blood work was fine, and the ultrasound tech said everything looked good. It's just so nerve racking when doctors do this. Aren't you not supposed to stress a pregnant woman. I am thinking too that if it was really serious he would not have left the office until he got in touch with me? I guess I'm looking for people to calm me down lol. Thanks everyone.
    Anonymous

• I think we can at least safely assume that if it was an emergency, the nurse would have told you to go to the hospital or come in right away.

So at least you know you and baby are not in any immediate danger.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2010