Weird question. Anyone know the answer?

My sister had her tubes tied about 4 years ago. Now she is having pregnancy symptoms. Bad morning sickness, swollen and sore breasts, etc. We know that there is a slim chance that she could be pregnant but we also know that many pregnancies conceived after having tubes tied, result in a tubal pregnancy. Before anyone says it, her husband and I both have encouraged her to see the doc. but she refuses and we can not force her.

Here's my question. Does anyone know if a tubal pregnancy will still be detected with a home test. I am thinking that if she takes a home test and it is positive, it may scare her into seeing her doctor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A tubal pregnancy will likely throw her hcg levels up, so she could come up positive. SHE NEEDS TO SEE A DR IMMEDIATELY. A tubal pregnancy could be harmful to he health.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 1:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yes, it will show up on the home test. She should take one just in case, but it could also be early onset menopause.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• your tubes CAN BECOME UNTIED.

she could be totally pregnant. with twins even, like my old neighbor who'd had her tubes tied several years before.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 1:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Ectopic pregnancies are still pregnancies. They usually don't have super high levels of hCG, but they definately show up on pregnancy tests.

I have had an ectopic pregnancy and it REALLY is better to treat it with methotrexate than to have to have surgery. If she could find out now instead of waiting for her tube to rupture there's a chance she could avoid surgery. Seriously, it's WAY better safe than sorry with this.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• She needs to see a Dr ASAP and find out for sure if she is pregnant, if she is she needs to see if it is a tubal pregnancy. Show her this and maybe she will go in and find out. This is nothing to sit back and wait around for, her tube could rupture and she wouldn't need surgery.
    Anonymous

• Yeah they will. I had an tubal pregnancy before and I had a positive home pregnancy test. And I also agree with what Ati 13 said.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 6:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My tubes are tied, and I have the same symptoms from time to time. Also agree with Ati_13
    sunnieday

Answer by sunnieday at 12:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2010