What do you think about this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_school_lunches_threat

Personally I think by the time an overweight person gets through training, they won't have a weight problem. LOL
They have been complaining about school lunches for years now. Why not just do something about it? It wouldn't surprise me if the places where schools get their food is somehow connected to the government anyway.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's about time they did something about school lunches. My kids pack their lunches - no more fat laden mystery meat nuggets surrounded by a carb overloaded blanket. i.e. corn dog nuggets.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• *sigh* What does it say about a government that gives free lunches to poor children that are considered unhealthy and makes them fat? Another place where control was given to the government and they ended up with a big, fat FAIL.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I don't see that it is a threat to national security. Once some kids hit puberty, they change a lot. Some gain weight, others lose their "baby fat". What the schools need to do, instead, is give the kids time for active play. Of course, many schools could certainly do with a "nutritional makeover", but I think there is a little more to it than school lunches. But then again, once the feds get their fingers into any pie, it is spoiled beyond recognition.

Our school district redid all the lunch menus a few years ago. They include all the food groups now, especially fruit & veg, as well as whole grains. It really isn't all that bad for a school lunch -- NO mystery meat, for example.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2010