Did anyone ever go to the school board meeting? What should I expect? bullied daughter

Ok, long story short, she was bullied all year, then the other day they jumped her, and taunted, threatened and pushed her 5 blocks to a girls house. She just wanted to get home, the school doors were locked, a teacher walked by and didn't intervene. I already signed a complaint-which means the court will decide what to do being they were juvieniels and it is assualt. The school wants my daughter to stay after-I am not saying she is an angel, but there is no way she deserves any punishment I don't care what anyone says. The were notified about the girls earlier in the year, I had to ask to switch her classes for lunch because of them, and now they jump her with their brother. I am done talking to the principle and superintended. Any tips, I have never been through this, and I refuse to let my daughter get bullied. A boy in 4th grade crying for his mom, in the middle of the hall way, when I went into school. bullied!! sad.:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd hire a lawyer.
    Anonymous

• Maybe the ACLU will get involved and you can use their lawyers for free. Children have a right to an education. These bullies are cheating her out of a good education. How can she concentrate under these conditions and the school is supporting the bullies? That's just a violation of rights on so many levels. If they won't get involved, go to the newspaper and maybe a lawyer will read the story and take the case for free.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• You shouldnt have to pay for your child to go to boarding school because of bullies. I would go as far as you can and get a lawyer.
    Im a teacher and in Atlanta, GA last year a 11 yr old 5th grader committed suicide because he was bullied. The parents sewed the school and county because like you she had made several complaints. The boy basically came home from school one afternoon and hung himself from the ceiling fan.
    Its sad and bullying she be taking seriously. Maybe you can look up that case and see what happened and what you may need to do.
    I would do something legal about it and confront the school with the medical bills that may be associated with this mess. This is nonsense and Im truly sorry for what you and your child have to deal with.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2010