What is your average gas bill?

I know this varies greatly, especially depending on where you live but I'm just looking for a ballpark. My fiance and I are budgeting and want to move into an apartment that doesn't include heat in the rent.

We'd be using the stove & heat (do refrigerators use gas?) but our washer/dryer are electric and we don't have an A/C.

So where do you live, what appliances do you use, and how much is your average bill? ((I appreciate all your input!))

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I live in NC. We use gas for stove, heat and hot water heater. In the winter the gas bill runs $100 - $125, in the summer it runs $20 - $30
    robwife

Answer by robwife at 2:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Here in VA it's about 50 in the summer and up to $250 in the winter. Frig does not use gas. apartments are cheaper than houses too if it's well insulated b/c your area is smaller. When your gas bill is low, you electric will be high, then it switches when the season's change.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• No gas here.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Here in Buffalo, NY we are on balanced billing. Gas is our heat, stove, heats the hot water tank....and wit balanced billing it's $88 a month....balanced billing means it takes the average gas useage of last year and charges you the same each month. We do this so our winter heating bills aren't huge, but that also means ou summer bill is the same, whereas if it wasn't on balanced billing our summer gas bills are about $10-$30!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2010