Do you judge people when you see them buying alcohol and have little kids with them?

Or when both parents order alcoholic drinks with dinner at a restaurant and have their kids with them? Obviously one of them has to drive home (buzzed or drunk) right? This is just for fun, so no bashing here. Just say yes or no. Thanks! Have a nice day! LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No- i don't judge
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 1:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• YES i do everytime i hate when i see both drinking and has kids with them
    Anonymous

• in the store- no i don't judge. they could be picking it up for someone else, or for when the kids will be asleep...you never know in a restaurant with both adults drinking- yes i often wonder who's driving home, but again, you never know. maybe someone is picking them up, maybe a cab... i hope

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 1:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Not if it's beer or like 1 glass of wine. I work next to a liquor store and I see people buying booze at 7am! It is sad. I think that's what I think is worse, when ppl. buy alcohol in the morning.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• No and no. You can have a drink and still be totally fine to drive in a restaurant when you're out with your kids, and having a beer at home with the kids is totally fine too. I worry about people I see buying CRACK with their kids in the car lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Hmmm... I guess I do? I don't really pay that much attention in a restaurant. I think I pay more attention when I see someone buy Tbone steaks and crab legs on food stamps, then purchase tons of alcohol w/ their money. THEN I'm judgemental.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 1:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• ONE drink? - No. But if they're both obviously tipsy (even the slightest bit) I would call cops and give them a heads up. I have to travel on these roads with my LO's and I don't want some irresponsible drunk endangering my life or the lives of others. It's not about judgment, just about safety.
    As for the question about someone buying alcohol (like at a beverage store or such), no I don't think less of them. With kids or without. There's nothing wrong with drinking every now and then as long as it doesn't jeopardize the life of others.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I only judge if I see parents bringing the kids to the bar to shoot pool or something. They could have gotten a sitter or stayed home. I have purchased alcohol with my kids. I don't think it's anyones business. Even pregnant for DH.
    Anonymous

• Hell no! Little children are the reason most parents drink! They're stressful! One drink at a restaurant, no I wouldn't judge, but it's not something I would do personally.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yes. Parenting and booze don't mix.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2010