Building roads out of COTTON? LOL

Humorous signs and bumper stickers always brighten my day. The funniest ones, of course, are signs that are not supposed to be funny, but are worded wrong or have a serious mis-spelling or missing word. For example, the nearby highway is undergoing construction, and there is a big flashing sign there that is supposed to warn drivers to "use caution in work area". Instead, it says: "use CAUTON in work area". My first thought was, " Use COTTON in work area?" I automatically got an image of road workers building the overpass out of cotton balls, and I had to crack a smile. My husband agreed that would not be a safe structure. LOL

Have you ever seen a sign with a funny mistake, or one that probably should have been worded differently?

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 1:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol. DH and I were driving in a city we'd never driven through before. It had speed bumps b/c it was a suburban-type neighborhood and had kids playing around. Well there was a sign warning drivers that there were "Speed Humps Ahead". I had an image of a bunch of people running out to the car, humping the car, then running back inside. lol. It had DH and I laughing so hard we could barely breath!

renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• The signs around schools and neighborhoods that read:

SLOW
    CHILDREN AT PLAY

always make me laugh, because I remember my dad making a joke about the way they are worded. Every time we passed one when I was a kid, he would say something like, "Well, if their kids are a little slow, that's fine. It seems kind of mean to advertise it though." LOL
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 2:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Ok this isn't that funny, in fact it's a little immature but it made me smile because it's probably something I would have tried to do as a teen.

There is a restaurant in our town called "Fuddruckers". Someone (obvisouly) smashed some of the letters in the name so at night when the sign lit up...
    Anonymous

• I have to drive out into the country every few weeks for my job and the road I go down passes all these fruit stands. There's a sign along the road that says "SLOW AVOCADOS". It makes me wonder what a fast avocado is like?
    Anonymous

• Someone changes this sign by our gas station from LIVE BAIT to EVIL BAIT!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010