What is the best island of Hawaii?

janessa27

Asked by janessa27 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Travel

• I've been to Oahu, Maui and Kauai....my favorite was Kauai because out of those three, it is the least developed, nice and quiet, and stunningly beautiful. Maui was my 2nd fav of the three. Oahu is much more built up, I was glad to see Pearl Harbor, but I probably wouldn't go back to that island.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I LOVED Maui
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I loved the Big Island. There is a lot to do there. Beaches, waterfalls, rain forests, mountains and South Point.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 9:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I've been to Kauai and Oahu. I did a small tour of the big island. I LOVED Kauai. We went in July which is when they get the most tourists (according to the tour book we had) and it wasn't crowded at all. We had a lot of fun.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I've been to Oahu, Kauai and the Big Island. It depends what you want. There's a reason so many go to Oahu because there's so much to do, especially for older kids. It took mine there when they were 11 and they LOVED it. Kauai is sleeping and riddled with honeymooners, but stunningly beautiful. The big island has the volcano park and is very interesting. Honestly, I love Hawaii and can't imagine not enjoying any of the islands.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I was in Hawaii for 3 years. If you want to visit a place that is very pretty and nice then go to Maui, the big island or Kaui. I don't really recommend Oahu, it is not really that nice to visit in my opinion. Ohua has alot of people on it, the island isn't as nice maybe as it used to be. There are alot of homeless people hanging around everywhere and there is alot of crime. My husband and I were asked to buy drugs right in the middle of the street in front of everyone, we just kept walking. There is just to many people on one small island, what should be a 15 minute drive will take you anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 6:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• BUMP
    janessa27

Comment by janessa27 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010