Women and loosing weeight.....

I agree with women that want to lose weight like baby fat or just weight in general... I myself lost 32 pounds ( baby fat) . But what irritates me is when ladies are complaining that they can't loose weight or that they are not loosing the weight fat enough but are still eating grease and fatty oils... please if you want to loose weight eat healthy and exersice or busy moms take walks... walking is great for toning...

what is your opinion about women that want to lose weight and just complain about it instead of making a change in the way they eat or exercise?

iliana90

Asked by iliana90 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Health

• They haven't hit rock bottom yet. When they are ready to make a change, they will. Until then, their complaining is of no concern of mine. Besides, I probably am one of those women. Since the birth of my son, I've had an additional 20 pounds to lose. He's 6 months, we're broke, and I don't have the leisure time to work out or go to the gym except for a few 30 minute chunks here and there. I don't have the money to even think about stocking my fridge let alone the freedom of mind to plan my meals. Let the complainers be, things will eventually change for them. And if it doesn't, just be glad that you DID the lose the weight that you wanted.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 2:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• One question.How do you know what they are eating and if they exercise or not?
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I have no opinion if that is what they want to do......
    Anonymous

• I was just saying..... I mean i see a lot of posts " i need to loose 50 pounds in 2 months" .... I am not bashing on anyone.... im saying that losing weight takes time and dedication. And to be honest you dont really need an expensive gym... I really just walked alot in the spring and summer... beautiful weather to be out with the kids if you have time...
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• When it comes to losing weight for me, I have to recognized the underlying problem: for me it's definitely a discipline issue, and I think that's true for everyone. I love to eat. I think my diet is healthier than the average American, but still could be improved. I also have to be realistic: I'll never fit in a size 4 and be healthy. I've determined that I'm healthy at 130 so I don't make goals less than that. Also, I won't go on a "diet" that is something I can't maintain. It's really about being disciplined day by day, not snacking or eating late at night. and frankly, even then I'm not too good at it! That's a long answer, but I think the point is, I agree with you. We have to call the enemy by his right name: my enemy isn't FAT, my enemy is SELF-INDULGENCE, and THAT is who I must declare war on!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Some women have medical issues why they can not loss weight. I have under active thyroid. Even though I am on meds it does nothing for me. I struggle every day. I eat healthy and exercise. so before you judge someone. Think about that. Not everyone can loss weight easly. I also watched Dr Phil and there are more chemical issues that we don't even know about that can cause it. Ever stress will cause you to not loss weight.
    Anonymous

• ADELICIOUS i totally agree with you... its a life style not a diet... and i dont agree in that healthy is a size4... Healthy depends on your height age and bone structure... what i disagree is with the people that complain and dont want to make sacrifices...
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i agree about walking. since i have been pregnant, i was scared to death i would gain excessive weight like i did with my grls, and i am already considered overweight. so i began walking just a few weeks ago, and doing many "pregnancy safe" exercises. and i'll tell u what, i have only gained 10lbs the entire pregnancy (which is healthy for me). i have lost previous baby fat and gained a real baby belly. i kno i dont eat like i should, but i also exercise harder when i indulge.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 2:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Listen ANON..... you are misreading my question... i am talking about the women that complain and complain... no where in my question did i talk about women with medical conditions... this question does not apply to every women on cafemom...
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My aunt bought a Richard Simons DVD citing she was ready to take control of her life again as well as her health. She threw it in the DVD player and sat and watched it with a huge bowl of buttered popcorn. Need I say more?
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 11:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2010