Does anyone else not like kids?

I know how that sounds and that everyone here has kids (or is going to have them) and I love my own child to death but I still don't like other people's kids. I oogle at babies and miss my own being really little but put me in a room full of kids and I want to run for the door. I hate to babysit (in fact I pretty much refuse to) and I dread birthday parties. I have nothing against them, I'd just rather not deal with them! Can anyone relate? I always get weird looks when I tell people this since I have a kid of my own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LMAO! I feel this way sometimes too.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yup, I feel the same way. I love mine but that's it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I've felt that way! One time that sticks out in my memory was when I chaperoned a field trip to the zoo. I was standing with my group of kids and they were waiting nice and patient for us to get in and the other kids were running around like madmen, climbing on walls and statues. I said to myself "Wow I just realized I don't like kids very much!" The kids I was in charge of were ok! lol hard to explain but I get what you're saying.

Anonymous

• I feel the same way. I love my baby boy more than anything but I can't stand other peoples' kids. I work at Walmart so I'm at my wits end with them.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• That's actually really sad. So does it make you all feel good to know that people don't like or want a part in your child's life? I volunteer at a preschool everyday. Cause that's where my daughter is. Things can be crazy at times but that's kids for ya. But to say someone don't like kids.that's sad

Anonymous

• Kids are growing on me. I used to not like them either. Now realizing it's because I can't relate to them. Now that I know how to communicate with them on their level, they're growing on me.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 2:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I only like my children too
    Anonymous

If someone doesn't want my child in their life chances are I don't want him in their's either so no, it really doesn't bother me especially because I can relate to those who aren't fond of random children.
    Anonymous

• I love my children, and the children in my family, but I'm not a kid person either. I'll do whatever I can to help at school but I'm not capable of spending time volunteering in the classroom. It makes me want to pull my hair out.

Anon :21 I'd rather someone be honest about not enjoying spending time around children, then feel guilted into it and spending time around kids who instinctively know when someone doesn't like them. One person (or 3, 4, 20) not liking my child isn't going to harm him. That's life. Not everyone is going to like you.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I loved kids bebefore my own I use to babysit all the time and everything I always had someones child. Then I had my own and now I hardly ever have anyone elses child and I don't like babysitting other kids anymore (other than my nephew). I can't remember a diaper (other than my nephew when I watch him once in a great while) that I have changed since my kids were born. I can't even remember (other than my nephew) the last baby I have held. But it isn't that I don't like anyone else child because I do it is just when you have your own you get burned out of kids sometimes. I love kids and babies just I have my own now so sometimes when you are with your own you want to be away from other babies
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2010