Have any of you heard of the Gathering of Nations Powwow in Albuquerque, NM?

If you have visited or plan on visiting, I thought these articles might be of interest to you. I didn't hear about the controversies until a couple of years ago and since then have been paying close attention, as I have attended the powwow once or twice. After reading up on Mr. and Mrs. Mathews, I don't think I will attend anymore. If you agree even just a little, please sign the petition. If you don't agree, please don't be rude about it. All you have to do is ignore this post. Thank you
(I will make the links clickable.)

http://64.38.12.138/boardx/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40253

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ban-gon-the-gathering-of-nations-in-2010

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• thank you
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Not only that, but for the "traditional" Miss Indian World pageant, the women must sell a certain amount of raffle tickets even to be considered a contestant! I could be wrong but wouldn't it be better for them to get sponsered so they can have a chance to represent Native people to the rest of the world?
    Anonymous

• I think there has been enough exploitation of native culture and it is time to stop the exploitation.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 2:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

____

Amen. Aho. Etc.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2010