Magnesium Sulfate... Anyone else got to enjoy this horrible drug?

Thankfully i just got home from the hospital. Preterm labor started sundayand i just wanted to know if anyone else had to get that horrible drug Magnisum Sulfate to try and stop the contractions? I was on it for 12hrs and couldnt handle it anymore. It made me throw up, see double everything, swell up like a balloon, i couldnt move any part of my body without feeling like it would fall off and i had non stop hot flashes that made me itch everywhere!! Was it that bad for you also? And fyi it didnt even stop my contractions!!! all that for nothing!

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 2:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had preterm labor with my first pregnancy, and i was on that drug for 3 days. I feel your pain. i couldnt move. i was so hott, they were putting ice cold rags from ice buckets on and it was still too warm. They didnt even stop my contractions just slowed them down. I swelled up like a balloon. I came out of that hopistal adventure 15 lbs heavier in 3 days. I felt like i was dying on that drug. My finger tips and toes turned purple. It was bad. I tell everyone i know who is pregnant, plan to be pregnant. Never let them put you on that drug. It is terrible. I am pregnant with number 2 right now. If it happens again. I am signing a waiver or whatever to not be on that drug again.
    Aprillee82

Answer by Aprillee82 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yeah it sucks. I had 2 doses of it during my 2nd pregnancy. I was 20 weeks and my son was trying to come a bit too early.
    Anonymous

• i got mag for preeclampsia. boy does it BLOW!!! no water, it makes you feel horrible and yeah i turned into a blimp with it too. i feel for you mama
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 8:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2010