Time out for a 21 month old who won't stay still?

Any advice on a place I can use for time out? I don't want to use his crib or high chair as I don't want him associating those places with "being bad". I've tried holding him on my lap but he just screams his head off and I feel like after he's had his 2 minutes in time out when I let him go he thinks its just because he screamed and that's not teaching him anything except to scream! Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Time-outs aren't an effective parenting tool. You never need to use them. You can learn to do many other things that teach good behavior and avoid bad behavior.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Get like a beanbag chair and put it in a corner or where you want then put him in it start the 2 minutes then everytime he gets up restart the 2 minutes and keep doing it till he sits there the whole 2 mintue and it will get easier after a while we had to do it with my son
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 3:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Gailll...then will you please send me a copy of your best seller parenting book?
    Anonymous

• Do you have a play pen or a pack and play? My son is 22 months and wont sit still either, we use the pack n play, with no toys for a few minutes.
    Tarinia

Answer by Tarinia at 10:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2010