How much should I charge to baby-sit?

I offered my friend to watch her 6 yr old over the summer, m-f . It would be at the least 35-40 hours plus per wk. What is a reasonable rate? I don't want to rip her off by any means, but yet don't want to do it for free.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• You need to find out the rates where you live. It depends a lot on the area of the country and the income level of the parents.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• You could other people that babysit out their in your area and get the going rate that is what I did when I watched children in my home. You can probably find a list of providers at a child care network or a place that helps low income families pay for child care they have a list of home childcare providers. Where I live it is very rural and the going rate is about $23.00 a day. Hope this helps.
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 2:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• 125.00 a week is fair.
    Anonymous