i know this is going to sound crazy but.....

i do not like to clean when my husband is home! i hate it and i dont know why.... just his presence makes the house feel dirty and messy when i clean, and lately he has been home from work sooo much he comes home for hours at a time during the day, and not that i dont love being with him sometimes...... its all the time now. and all he does is sit on the couch and play computer games. no interaction with me unless he wats a soda or food! i just feel like hes taking up my space and time i could be cleaning! helllllllp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• OH I sooo totally agree with you!!! That's why Monday's cleaning at my house are always the hardest, so much more to do! And it sucks cleaning/scrubbing the bathroom or the kitchen only to see him playing video games and putting his snot rags on the floor/dirty dishes all over. I just wait til he goes to work...
    It sounds like he's coming home more often. Does he still work the same amount of hours? Because, yeah... If he's not working, then he really ought to move out of your way so you can!
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 2:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I have always been that way too!! I prefer the house to be empty (of at least lazy adults) if I am trying to clean.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I dont' like lcleaning when my husband is home either, but mostly because I want to spend tim ewith him. I don't think its a good thing that you both don't interact with eachother It woiuld bother me and I would not want my marriage to be that way. Is there a way to compromise? Give him some of his space, but also make time for eachother as well? Maybe you can play some game together?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• lol, atleast u kno hes not gonna make an attempt to help u. i hate it when my dh is home and "says" hes going to help me. but then makes an excuse to be out of the room for 20-30 mins while i am finishing up the job. then he comes back and says "i was gonna help u with that" or when we do work together and we are constantly telling the other how to do it "my" way or his "way" like folding towels or loading the dishwasher
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 2:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Oh, Phippsandrea! I'm so with you!!! My guy ALWAYS says "Oh, I'll do that" "Oh, can I help you?" And I expect him to do it. Two days later... I do it!! Two hours later... I do it!!! And then he says "You don't trust me!"
    Ok, whatevs, lol
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 2:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I don't like cleaning when my SO is home because I would rather hang out with him and the kids! We both work so we hardly spend time together so when I see a free moment I grab it! Not only that but cleaning when he and the kids are home is pretty useless. so if I get home before him, i'll run around trying to get as much done so we can relax together when he gets home.
    Anonymous

• I hate cleaning when my hubby is home because i feel like im cleaning around him lol he takes out the trash sometimes but i clean and take care of our son and i love it when he goes to work b/c its me and my sons time together and i can get more done without having to move around my hubby! lol
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I have no help for you. I don't like to clean when anyone else is home. My favorite time is first thing in the morning, before he gets up, and I'm full of energy and clean like crazy! Luckily in the summers he works on Saturdays so I take that as my house cleaning day. I don't know why I am like that but I always have been. Do my best cleaning when I am alone and listening to music.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2010