Is there a particular business or charity that you will NOT support? Why?

I'm curious as to how many people boycott particular businesses and/or charities. I don't support Susan G. Komen b/c they support Planned Parenthood. I don't eat at California Pizza Kitchen for the same reason.

Luvmylilmonkies

Asked by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't support the Boy Scouts b/c they discriminate against homosexuals. I don't support the Red Cross b/c they pay their executives exorbitant amounts, and also b/c of some other things my local Red Cross office has done (there is another blood bank here in my community that I DO support).
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Boy Scouts because of their anti-gay stance.
    Anonymous

• really? I didn't know that about CPK... now I'm bummed. I will not support anything to do with abortion or PPH.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• really boy scouts I thought was very pro-gay, and girl scouts too, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• American Kidney.... anything! There is the American Kidney Fund, American Kidney foundation, American Kidney association. My mom worked for one of them and it turned out to be a for profit buisness. I can never remember which one is the legit one, so I don't donate to any of them.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i'm catholic but yet i will not donate my dollar when they go around collecting money. my husband can do it and my kids but i personally refused to do it. i thought for some reason when i was younger that the church donates it to charites and the poor but i found out in my adult years that it goes to pay the bills for the church.

maybe it was just a let down...idk
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Target because their furniture sucks, Walk for the Cures for Breast Cancer because most of the money earned doesnt' go to actually research but to underwrite funding for the walk, (did I miss something? What is wrong with Planned Parenthood?)
    Anonymous

• “Boy Scouts because of their anti-gay stance.”

I think that is a wonderful thing! If the Boy Scouts were pushing Homosexuality, then my boy wouldn’t be scouting much! Sorry, but I am just not OK with Gay men taking little boys out in the woods to go camping!
    Anonymous

• i won't shop at walmart unless it is an absolute emergency.(like baby has a bad fever in the middle of the night, tire blows out when nothing else is in walking distance) i only support local businesses.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 2:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Precious333, DH bought me an early graduation present of Paula Deen cookware. I absolutely loved it until someone gave me some info on her supporting PP. I was SUPER disappointed. I love Lady Gaga, but I don't buy her music b/c she also supports them.

http://www.cogforlife.org/ppsupporters.htm
    http://www.fightpp.org/ (info on ordering a list)
    http://www.holysmoke.org/fem/fem0333.htm (this is a pro-PP site that lists names of supporting org's)

SN: I am NOT against PP in regards to birth control, pregnancy testing and counseling, etc. I don't support them b/c they are the LARGEST abortion provider in the US.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2010