Do you regret getting your tubes tied?

I have 4 kids, and I am pretty sure I don't want anymore, but you never know. I am looking into birth control options. I am on the pill now, but I was thinking about either getting an IUD or getting my tubes tied. The fear I have about getting my tubes tied is that later I will decide I want another baby. Has anyone had their tubes tied and regretted it because you wanted another baby?

BTW - I'll be 30 next month

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Health

• 33 here and had mine tied 8 years ago after my third child was born.. I have never regretted my decision.. Hubby and I both knew that 3 was the perfect number for us and neither of us wanted any more children.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• sorry, just had a birthday LOL I am 34 :)
    midnightmoma

• I had mine done and have no regrets!
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 2:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Your not even 30 and you have 4 kids! Get them tied and keep them that way.
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• To anonymous --Yes, I have 4 kids (including a set of twins) and I'm not 30. I am married and we can afford to support them and more if I choose to have them. My question is not do you think I should have anymore kids, the question is about regretting getting your tubes tied. Please don't be so judgmental.
    Anonymous

• You're not even 30. I wouldn't do it. You never know what may happen in 7-8 years. I had it done at 40 and am very happy with my decision. My BIL had a vasectomy at 29. He had 2 girls. Then he got divorced, remarried and couldn't have any more children. He was extremely depressed. It was a very bad decision for him. He ended up getting divorced a second time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't do it at 30, I think that's very young! I considered it and am so happy i didn't. I divorced my ex when I was 32 and ended up marrying a guy who was my age, but had never had kids - so we had one more (and I'm pregnant with our 2nd). However, now I'm 36, am having my 5th child (will be 37 when she's born) and do plan to get my tubes tied after this one. I can't handle more than the 5 I have and I don't feel like I have very many "safe" childbearing years left anyway!

Answer by missanc at 4:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I'm 26 and have four kids. I want my tubes tied. At the same time i'm thinking i might end up regretting it.
    Anonymous

• I had mine tied at 32 and 4 kids later. My dh and I knew that our last was just that.......the last. If you are indecisive, don't do something so drastic as getting a tubal. You never know what the future may hold. Only you and your dh are the only ones who can make this decision. I absolutely do NOT regret my decision. I am almost 40 and have no want to have any more children.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2010