Breastfeeding question

Hello I was wondering if their is any hope for me to still breastfeed my daughter 6 weeks ago I had her was breastfeeding her and two days after labor had to stop I had a spinal headach ( from my eppi ) was orderd to lay falt and take med for 5 days till it was gone well it took 7 days to go away so for that time she had a bottle than after I breastfeed but I got a bad chest cold so she got the bottle again for 4 days than she got so hooked on the bottle she didnt want me now for some reason she always turns her head to me and trys to eat to I let her latch on last week and she did great but my milk is almost dry I have been pumping but I only get maybe a half of a oz should I keep trying to produce milk or just give up Thanks Ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No no, no giving up here!! Nurse baby as often as possible, even if she's just "playing around" she'll encourage milk production. Pump after every nursing session, and you can use Mothers Milk Tea, Or Fenugreek as a supplement to help increase your supply. You can find both at any health food store. The key though, is to nurse, nurse, nurse! Oh, and for your chest cold, if you were informed to stop BFing because of it, you were given horrrrrible advice. It's not comfy to nurse while sick, but your milk produced antibodies specific to that particular strain of infection, and would have been super beneficial to baby. GL mama, you CAN do this!!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• YES!!! join a breastfeeding group on here and ask about re-lactation. i think there might actually be a relactation group on here.

so sorry about the epi headache :(

good luck :)
    Anonymous

• Ooh thanks so much
    Anonymous

• Mohter's Tea and if you're still producing some nurse often and drink lots of water to encourage a build up on supply. Baby is the best "pump" you have and may be able to get more than half an ounce. Man made pumps really aren't effective.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Mother's tea** me and my poor typing skills.
    2autisticsmom