How do you get rid of knits from your child's hair?

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 3:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• What is a knit? Is it like a tangle?

Answer by louise2 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• if you dont want to do the chemichal pesticide....any egg preoduct will kill them. eggs and mayo are the ones that work well. you put it on her head, put a plastic bag over it tied tight and let it sit for a couple of hours. no more than 2 and dont let her out in the heat if its hot. then wash it out and use a lice comb to remove the dead nits and bugs.

or you could just buy the rid pesticide at the grocery store and follow those directions.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• lice eggs
    Anonymous

• I used the lice stuff at CVS. I had lice 3x while in school. SO embarrassing. We had a clean house and were very clean people... I got them from a friend and it was horrible. Everyone at school made fun of me :(
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I would just wash it and put lots of conditioner and try to brush it out or comb it if they let you but it is going to take awhile bc if it is really that tangled up you will have to be patient and do little by little and try to keep it brushed before bed so you don't have to go thru this again. ( don't forget to rinse ) GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• dont use conditioner! conditioner is actually proven to protect lice an nits from the pesticides in lice treatment.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• it doesnt say knots its nits right?
    Anonymous

• If you would have said head lice/eggs I would have known what you where talking about.
    They sell stuff at the stores for that problem.

Answer by louise2 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I am sorry I thought it was a tangle... I've used RID in the past that works wonders. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I thought it was knots ( a typo ) you no like we usually do.
    Anonymous