What are some ways to prepare fresh keilbasi?

other than with sauerkrat? Thankyou!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Poke holes in it and cook it on the gas grill on low heat so it will cook through without getting black on the outside. The holes are so the grease will escape and it won't curl.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I have a friend who loves to roast it in the oven, then slice it up and add it to rice. So good.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 3:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• We put it on the grill, then slice it up and serve with toothpicks and mustard as an appetizer. We make this every time we have people over. It's so good.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• mm Keilbasa!
    I eat it as a breakfast meat. Slice it and fry it in a skillet, searve w/ biscuits n gravy or eggs.
    Eat it in a hot dog bun
    make stews with it
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I thought you meant calabasa in Spanish (zucchini)
    Anonymous

• Red Beans and rice. Super easy, super tasty.

1-2 packages kielbasa (depending upon how meaty you like it),cut into bite sized pieces
    2 cans red beans
    1-2 tbs. McCormick Cajun seasoning (again, depends upon how spicy you like it)

*Put all ingredients in large pan, mix together, bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer 20-25 minutes. Serve over freshly cooked rice.

We're actually having this for dinner tonight. And since dd's still not big on spicy food, I usually just set aside some kielbasa for her and fry it up in a pan, then give it to her with a little bit of rice and a veggie.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I forgot to add: don't drain the beans, dump them liquid and all into the pan with everything else. Sometimes I add a little bit more water. The liquid with the beans seems to vary from can to can.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2010