where could i get help on baby clothes

im a single mom im 16 and i have no job

babygurl391

Asked by babygurl391 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• good will etc. I always shop at walmart and go to thier clearance racks FIRST. I shop ahead. If my baby is newborn during the summer this year, then next summer she'll be 12 months (1 year) right? So when all the summer stuff goes on clearance at the end of this season I buy for next summer, grabbing 1 year/12 month summer clothes on clearance for next year. I do this every season. I can get shorts for 50 cent to $1 and tops and you name it!
    Be smart, save your change and shop clearance and cheap!
    Anonymous

• You could try Salvation Army, Catholic Charities or Craigslist for inexpensive supplies and clothing.

Depending on where you live you might also be able to find a p/t job at 16. Every little bit you can save will help. Good luck.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 3:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Do you know anyone with little kids? Someone who can give you hand-me-downs. I got the best stuff that way.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Because baby clothes only get worn for a few months and then they are outgrown they are usually in pretty good shape when someone is done with them, so Good Will or Salvation Army are great places to get decent clothing at a good price. And because they don't get worn long it doesn't make sense to spend much money yourself anyways. We have a store here called Once Upon a Child that is a resale shop for children's items- clothes, shoes, toys, furniture, etc. It is a chain so there may be one in your area. They have good prices and you can even sell things to them when you are done with them. Oh, and garage sale season is coming up and they are great places to get good deals on all sorts of baby things. Good luck!!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• freecycle.org
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• rkoloms - your first link is for an adoption agency... how rude!
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 12:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• WOW that is RUDE!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• They have clothing donation centers. Go to your local WIC office. They can give you lots of different places you can go to get help for these kinds of things!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:30 PM on May. 19, 2010

• ebay
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:27 AM on Aug. 9, 2010